Wednesday, January 9, 2013

According to Ainsley - Ravishing!

We are in the pharmacy section of the grocery store.  It is right next to the bathroom.  If Ainsley sees a public restroom, she must use it.

Ainsley: "Mommy, I have to pee!"

She goes into the stall while I lean against the wall.

Ainsley: "Mommy, I have a great idea!"
Me: "What's that?"
Ainsley: "When I am done, I will stand outside the bathroom and everyone will walk by me and say 'You are so beautiful.'"
Me: "Really?  People will just walk up to you and say that?"
Ainsley: "Yes, because I am so beautiful.  They will say 'Wow, you are so beautiful.  And stabbishing.'"
Me: "Stabbishing?"
Ainsley: "Yes, stabbishing."

I hear a chuckle from the far stall and Ainsley finishes up and flushes the toilet.

Me: "So what is stabbishing?"
Ainsley (looks at me and shrugs like I'm insane): "So, so, so, soooooo beautiful."

The woman walks out as Ainsley washes her hands.

Woman: "Little girl, I have to say, you are so beautiful and absolutely stabbishing."

Ainsley grins shyly and says "Thank you."

The woman walks out of the bathroom as we dry our hands and gather our things.

Me: "So Ainsley, do you think maybe you mean ravishing?"
Ainsley: "What?"
Me: "You said you wanted people to tell you you're stabbishing.  Do you mean ravishing?"
Ainsley (shrugs): "They will say I am beautiful and stabbishing and ravishing."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews